Recognition of qualifications
If you have a school leaving certificate, took exams at a university or finished your studies abroad, you can ensure that these achievements are recognised in Austria. We explain how below.
Do you have a school leaving certificate, did you take exams at a university or finish your studies abroad? It’s a good idea to have these achievements recognised in Austria.
The body responsible for academic recognition: ENIC NARIC AUSTRIA
The body responsible for the recognition of academic qualifications and titles is the National Academic Recognition Information Centre, ENIC NARIC AUSTRIA. It is part of two international networks: ENIC (European Network of Information Centres – established by the Council of Europe and UNESCO) and NARIC (National Academic Recognition Information Centres – established by the European Union).
Overview of recognition
- Recognition of the university entrance qualification
- Recognition of examinations
- Use of academic degrees
- Validation of higher education qualifications obtained abroad = ‘nostrification’
- Diploma Supplement – declaring the content of studies abroad
- The ECTS system – acknowledging courses and programmes studied
- Recognition of professional qualifications
- Forms to complete for recognition
- Points of contact for recognition
- European Network of Information Centres in the European Regions – Website for the European Union’s ENIC and NARIC Networks
- Eurydice – European network for information on education systems and policies
ENIC NARIC AUSTRIA
T +43 1 53120 5920