This website uses Cookies. You will accept these by click on the button "Continue".

Recognition of qualifications

If you have a school leaving certificate, took exams at an university or finished your studies abroad, you can ensure that these achievements are recognised in Austria. We explain how below.

Information about academic recognition

Do you have a school leaving certificate, did you take exams at a university or finish your studies abroad? It’s a good idea to have these achievements recognised in Austria. Here, you will find general information about the recognition as well as further detailed information.

Responsible for questions about academic recognition: ENIC NARIC AUSTRIA

The National Information Center for Academic Recognition, ENIC NARIC AUSTRIA, is responsible for questions regarding the recognition of higher education qualifications (diplomas/degrees) and academic titles. It is part of the international networks ENIC (European Network of Information Centers - founded by the Council of Europe and UNESCO) and NARIC (National Academic Recognition Information Centers - founded by the European Union).


Please address general inquiries directly to:
Please attach the relevant documents so that we can respond your questions as soon as possible.

Applications only online:

AAIS information (PDF, 104 KB)

ENIC NARIC Austria is not a career advice center.

Information on professional recognition and professions in Austria you will find here: Information on recognition / job market

Your contact persons


Mag.a Ingrid Wadsack-Köchl
T +43 1 53120-5925
Area: Austrian-related topics | South Tyrol Center |
Cyprus, Czech Republic, Italy, Vatican | Asia


Mag.a Hannah Aichner
T +43 1 53120-5930
Area: Bosnia and Hercegovina, Croatia, German-speaking Countries, Greece, Hungary

Mag.a Patricia Böchtrager
T +43 1 53120-5922
Area: Portugal, Slovakia, Spain | Arabic-speaking Countries

Carina Gneist, BA
T +43 1 53120-5931
Area: Benelux, Turkey | Africa (except Arabic-speaking Countries) Victoria E. Tschiedl
T +43 1 53120-5927
Area: Western and Northern Europe, Malta, Poland, Romania | Northern America

Tasnim Ahmed
T +43 1 53120-5923

Mag.a Tatjana Baranowskaja
T +43 1 53120-5929
Area: Bulgaria, GUS Countries (except Russian Federation)

Mag.a Katrin Forstner, BA MA
T +43 1 53120-5926
Area: Baltic Countries, Finland, Iran | Central and South America

Mag.a Simone Gruber
T +43 1 53120-5924
Area: Russian Federation Theresia Wakounig
T +43 1 53120-5928
Area: Albania, Kosovo, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Serbia, Slovenia | Australia and Oceania

Professional recognition information
Who is responsible for the recognition of my qualifications? Information on further training offers, job descriptions and much more.

Information about the Austrian labor market

Follow the links to get information about the possible professions and their requirements: (only German)
Detailed job descriptions for more than 1.800 professions. (only German)
Career information, offers for training and further education as well as information on starting salaries, labor market trends and much more. (only German)
What does everyday life really look like in the individual professions? What do you need to know about the world of work?
Who is responsible for the recognition of my qualifications? Information on further training offers, job descriptions and much more.