Higher Education Legislation
Here you will find the relevant federal laws for all Austrian higher education and university institutions, which contain, in particular, regulations on the organization (e.g. management, financing, governing bodies, etc.) and studies (e.g. types of studies, admission to studies, examinations, academic degrees, etc.) and Students´ Union as well as quality assurance of these higher education and university institutions.
- Federal Act on the Organisation of Universities and their Studies (Universities Act 2002 – UG)
- University of Applied Sciences Act (Fachhochschulgesetz) – FHG
- Federal Act on the External Quality Assurance in Higher Education and the Agency for Quality Assurance and Accreditation Austria (Act on Quality Assurance in Higher Education – HS-QSG)
- Federal Act on the Student Representative Organisations (Students’ Union Act 2014 – HSG 2014)
- Private Higher Education Act (Privathochschulgesetz) – PrivHG
- Federal Act on the establishment of the Institute of Digital Sciences Austria