Erasmus+ for mobility in European and international higher education
Here you will find specific information about the EU’s Erasmus+ programme for students, graduates, teaching and non-teaching university staff. The National Agency for Erasmus+ Education at the OeAD is responsible for implementing and managing the education component of Erasmus+. Due to this work, the agency is also a main point of contact for questions related to Erasmus+.
The EU’s Erasmus+ programme for students and graduates covers the following areas of higher education:
- A study period abroad at a partner higher education institution in Europe for between 3 and 12 months
- A traineeship (work placement) abroad in an enterprise, research institution or any other organisation in Europe for between 2 and 12 months
Higher education teaching and non-teaching (in German only) staff have the following options:
- Teaching periods at Erasmus partner higher education institutions in Europe of between two days and two months (excluding travel time)
- Training periods: professional development for higher education teaching and non-teaching staff for between two days and two months (excluding travel time)
International mobility in higher education: (in German only)
Since 2015 students and employees at universities (both teaching and non-teaching staff) have had the option of a secondment to another European programme country, and now this is also possible to partner countries outside Europe.
It is therefore possible for Austrian residents to visit partner countries for:
- study visits and work placements by students,
- teaching, and
- professional development visits (higher education only).
Students and staff at higher education institutions in partner countries can also receive support towards visits to Austria.
The OeAD has been designated as the national agency for implementing and administering the education component of Erasmus+. The National Agency for Erasmus+ Education at the OeAD handles Erasmus+ in Austria, providing information and advice for applicants.
Department IV/11 - European Higher Education Area, Erasmus+ for Higher Education, Bologna Process und Mobility
Minoritenplatz 5, 1010 Vienna
T +43 53120 7883
- OeAD – the Austrian agency for international mobility and cooperation in education, science and research
- Erasmus+ for students and graduates (in German only)
- Erasmus+ for teaching and non-teaching university staff (in German only)
- Erasmus+ for international mobility in higher education (in German only)
- National Agency for Erasmus+ Education at the OeAD (in German only)