Federal Research Database (BFDAT)
Depiction of the Federal Research Database along with its statutory basis and reporting obligations.
The Federal Research Database is an application created by the Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research (BMBWF). It contains research grants and research contracts granted by the Federal Government to third parties. The collection and recording of the data of all ministries relevant to research is based on the Research Organisation Act (FOG) (Federal Law Gazette No. 341/1981 as amended - in German only).
Once a year, a report listing the research projects of the previous year is compiled in accordance with the Research Organisation Act (FOG). This annual report is published on the BMBWF website.
An evaluation and analysis of the data covering the reporting year is likewise published in the Research and Technology Report, which is also to be drawn up annually. The National Council is informed of this report by 1 June in the year it appears.
- Annual Report on Research Grants and Research Contracts of the Federal Government 2018
- Austrian Research and Technology Report 2019
- All annual reports can be ordered free of charge from the BMBWF Publication Shop (in German only).
If you have any problems regarding content or technical issues or general questions on the Federal Research Database, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Annual reports on research grants
- Research and Technology Reports