National support structure in Horizon 2020
Austrian applicants and participants in the EU Framework Programmes for Research enjoy support from the Austrian Research Promotion Agency (FFG), the regional agencies and advisory units within the institutions (e.g. offices for research services at the universities).
European and International Programmes (the EIP unit) at FFG informs and supports business enterprises, universities, independent research institutes and other organisations interested in international collaborations and activities in research, technology and development.
The regional agencies in all nine Austrian federal states provide on-site advice in collaboration and consultation with the EIP unit at FFG. Anyone taking part in these EU Framework Programmes can take advantage of this service. The EIP unit at FFG and the regional agencies cooperate based on jointly agreed principles of collaboration for working with and supporting clients, especially business-oriented regional players in Horizon 2020 and in complementary European programmes and initiatives as well as at the interfaces with the Enterprise Europe Network (EEN).
Websites of the regional agencies
- Wirtschaft Burgenland GmbH
- ITG – Innovation Service for Salzburg
- Standortagentur Tirol (SAT)
- Styrian Business Promotion Agency (SFG)
- Lower Austria Technology and Innovation Partner (TIP-NÖ) (in German only)
- Business Upper Austria
- Vienna Business Agency
- Carinthian Economic Chamber (WKK) (in German only) in cooperation with KWF Kärntner Wirtschaftsförderungs Fonds (in German only)
- Wirtschafts-Standort Vorarlberg (WISTO)