University of Minnesota
Center for Austrian Studies
Established in 1977, the Center for Austrian Studies is the Western Hemisphere‘s oldest and best-known research Center focusing on the past, present, and future of Central Europe with a specific focus on Austria and the successor states of the Habsburg Empire.
- serves as an international leader in promoting new scholarship on Austria and Central Europe across disciplines in the humanities, the social sciences, the
- fine arts, and international business management
- connects scholars, students, and an international community to resources in Austria, Central Europe, the EU, and Minnesota
- reaches out to students, scholars, and a broader international public, bringing an awareness of Austria and the new Europe and its contemporary relevance
- enriches the teaching mission of the University of Minnesota and the College of Liberal Arts by connecting its research and outreach programs with classroom opportunities